Change your Working with Children Check from volunteer to employee.
You need to
- Know your Working with Children Check card number. If you can't find it, then get your number before you start.
- Have access to your mobile or email for the security check.
Be aware that
- As soon as you finish this transaction, your current card will be cancelled and no longer valid. We’ll send you a new application number.
- You’ll need to tell your organisations your volunteer card has been cancelled and you have a new application number. We will tell you if you need a new photo and how to upload one.
- Make sure you provide accurate information as it’s the law.
- Keep in mind, we’ll share what you give us with Working with Children Check Victoria so they can do your check.
- Find out more in our privacy and security policy.
How you can pay
Working with Children Check costs
|Check type||Volunteer to employee|
|Volunteer to employee||$126.50|
Keep in mind
- Once you’ve paid, the cost is non-refundable, even if you are exempt.
- We’ll email you a tax invoice once you’ve paid.
How long will it take to process my check?
It can take from 3 to 12 weeks to process your check. You can check on the while you wait.
Can I work while you process my check?
In many cases, you can. But in some circumstances, it is an offence to work without a valid Working with Children Check.
What happens to my volunteer card?
We cancel your volunteer card when you apply for your employee check. We’ll issue you a new number you can use for both paid and volunteer work. Dispose of your old card securely.
What can I update when I change from Volunteer to Employee?
You can update:
- Where you live
- Where you work or volunteer
- Phone numbers
What can’t I update when I change from Volunteer to Employee?
You can’t change your name or gender online so find out what to do at:
Where can I get help or find out more about the check?
Working with Children can help you or give you more information.
What acts or regulations relate to the Working with Children Check?
A range of different laws may apply, depending on your situation. You can check them here if you need .
A program of
In partnership with