You need to renew your Working with Children Check to continue paid or volunteer child-related work.
You need to
- Know your Working with Children Check card number. If you can't find it, then get your number before you start.
- Have access to your mobile or email for the security check.
Be aware that
- When renewing your check, you may change from volunteer to employee or employee to volunteer.
- It doesn’t cost anything to renew a volunteer check.
- You don’t need to renew your check if you simply stop doing child-related work or do work that is exempt from a .
- We will tell you if you need a new photo and how to upload one.
- Make sure you provide accurate information as it’s the law.
- Keep in mind, we’ll share what you give us with Working with Children Check Victoria so they can do your check.
- Find out more in our privacy and security .
How you can pay for an employee check
Renew Working with Children Check costs
|Renew employee check||$93.60|
|Renew volunteer check||Free|
Keep in mind
- Once you’ve paid, the cost is non-refundable, even if you are exempt.
- We’ll email you a tax invoice once you’ve paid.
Who needs to renew?
You need to renew your check before it expires if you do child-related work.
If you’ve kept your details up to date, then Working with Children Check Victoria will remind you to renew 28 days before your check expires.
You can renew your check from 6 months before to 3 months after it expires.
If your check is more than 3 months expired, then you can’t renew. You’ll need to apply for a new .
How long will it take to process my check?
It can take from 3 to 12 weeks to process your check. You can check on the while you wait.
Can I work while you process my check?
In many cases, you can. But in some circumstances, it is an offence to work without a valid Working with Children Check.
What can I update when I renew?
You can update:
- Where you live
- Where you work or volunteer
- Phone numbers
What can’t I update when I renew?
You can’t change your name or gender online so find out what to do at:
Where can I get help or find out more about the check?
Working with Children Check can help you or give you more information.
What acts or regulations relate to the Working with Children Check?
A range of different laws may apply, depending on your situation. You can check them if you need to.
A program of
In partnership with