Buy Ambulance Victoria membership.

This takes about 3 mins
What you need to know
Buying ambulance membership is quick and easy. Just tap 'Get started' below. 
Where you live

You can only get membership if you live in Victoria or near state borders. Not all towns near the border are covered.

Not sure? Check you’re inside the Ambulance Victoria coverage area (External link) (External link) (External link)

If you want to pay by recurring direct debit, you can do this directly through Ambulance Victoria. (External link) (External link) (External link)

When membership begins

Membership starts at 5pm on the day after Ambulance Victoria receives your payment, not from the moment you pay. Payments can take 3 working days to process. After joining, you'll also need to wait 14 days before you're covered for non-emergency transport and any conditions you had before you started. Find out more (External link) (External link) (External link)

Dependant children and partners

You can buy a family membership. This covers:

  • You
  • Your partner
  • Children under 17 who live with you
  • Full-time students under 25
How we use your info 

We will pass your info to Ambulance Victoria so they can start your membership. We won’t use your info for any other purpose unless permitted by law. Learn more about how we use your info


There are two types of membership: single and family.

Single membership only covers you. Family membership can cover you, your partner and your eligible children (External link).

Your renewal date is the first day after the last date you've paid until.

Membership length Family membership Single membership
1-year $99.88 $49.94
Quarterly recurring (direct debit only) $24.97 $12.49
Annual recurring (direct debit only) $99.88 $49.94

Payment options


For recurring memberships please visit Ambulance Victoria.

Does my private health insurance cover ambulance costs?

Ambulance Victoria has no affiliations with private health insurers, so you’ll need to check your policy.

Even if private health insurers do offer ambulance cover, keep in mind they don’t take out Ambulance Victoria membership on your behalf and will set their own terms and conditions about what’s covered.

Contact your fund and use the private health insurance checklist to see if your policy’s cover is sufficient.

What does an Ambulance Victoria membership cover me for?

Ambulance Victoria membership cover includes:

  • All emergency road ambulance transport
  • All mobile intensive care ambulance attendance and treatment
  • All emergency air ambulance and clinically necessary non-emergency air ambulance
  • All ambulance treatment when transport is not required
  • All clinically necessary non-emergency patient transport
  • Emergency ambulance treatment and transport services provided while interstate.

In all cases ambulance transport costs are only covered when transport is to the nearest and most appropriate medical facility, as determined by Ambulance Victoria and where there’s a clear clinical need for transport to occur.

 When am I not covered by Ambulance Victoria membership?

Ambulance Victoria membership does not cover:

  • Services required for social or convenience reasons, such as to be closer to home.
  • Transport from one private home to another.
  • Transport back to Victoria not clinically necessary and which has not been approved by Ambulance Victoria in advance.
  • Non-emergency cases during the qualifying period.
  • Emergency cases during the qualifying period that are a result of a preexisting ailment.
  • Services required prior to 5pm the day after the membership fee is received.
  • Dependent children aged between 17 to 24 years who are listed on a family membership but are not full time students.
How we use your info 

We collect info Ambulance Victoria needs to start your membership. You can’t get an ambulance membership through Service Victoria without giving this info.  

We’ll share this info with Ambulance Victoria. 

You can choose to link your ambulance membership to Service Victoria. If you agree, we’ll get your membership info from Ambulance Victoria to show in your Service Victoria account and mobile app. 

Ambulance Victoria handles your info under their privacy policy (External link). If you have a membership and want to access your info contact Ambulance Victoria (External link).