This information is for residential and commercial tenants and landlords facing financial hardship due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Until 26 September 2020:
- landlords can’t evict tenants who don’t pay rent
- landlords can’t increase the rent
- tenants can end the lease early without penalty
- landlords and tenants can agree to reduce the rent
- landlords who reduce the rent may also get 25 per cent off their land tax. Or they can delay payment until 31 March 2021
- landlords and tenants get free help if they can’t agree.
Residential tenants and landlords visit Consumer Affairs Victoria’s website.
Commercial tenants and landlords visit the Victorian Small Business Commissioner’s website.